Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Even the Eye-Fi Manager Can't Find the Card

I think all of my formatting and messing with the card made it unrecognizable from the Eye-Fi Manager's point of view:

06/14/2008 13:28:35 000000B4 INFO Scanning initial drives...
06/14/2008 13:28:35 000000B4 INFO Not Eye-Fi Volume serial number
06/14/2008 13:28:35 000000B4 INFO Not Eye-Fi Volume serial number
06/14/2008 13:28:35 000000B4 INFO Drive scan is complete...

Could someone who has the card running in windows do a 'dir' of the Eye-Fi card for me? I think I wiped out its serial number and need to recreate it.
c:\> dir e:
Volume in drive E...
Volume Serial Number is XXXX-XXXX
...
Could you send me the X's?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave,

To the extent that the card appears to have a healthy MBR and a proper FAT "boot block" for the first partition, the volume ID should be self-restoring. It sounds like you've recovered functionality, but let me know if you run into the same issue again.

The CHDK effort sounds very interesting. I'm sure it wouldn't surprise you to hear that we've done some work on it in-house, too. :-) I would suggest strongly that you stay away from using the EYEFI/STATUS file. While it is indeed used by the D60, it's functionality will become obsolete sooner than later.

BTW, we had some trouble getting CHDK to always force the underlying Canon firmware to flush dirty file system data to the card. It sounds like you've figured that part out. I wonder if any of that is dependent on the per-model specificity of CHDK...


Berend

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.