Monday, August 18, 2008

Zaurus Development

Someone loaned me a Sharp Zaurus SL-5600 so that I might try a port of my software to it. I got an arm cross-compiler, but I can't even get "Hello World" running. It just segfaults. I bet I'm compiling for the wrong platform or something. Oh, well. I really need to get a NIC for this thing. Should make development a lot easier.

I also picked up an iPhone 3G, which got me thinking. Seeing as at least a couple of the Eye-Fi employees have iPhones and that there's already a Mac OS port of the Eye-Fi manager software, I have to wonder if we'll be seeing an Eye-Fi iPhone app some time. The biggest sticking point is that neither the iPhone or the Eye-Fi card can act as a WiFi access point as far as I know, they can only join them.

I also haven't been able to get Loki to work. As far as I can tell, there's no Linux port. Sigh... I did submit my AP to their DB, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have an Nokia S60 phone, JoikuSpot makes an accesspoint using it's wifi and 3G. Normally the phone does not have accesspoint as an feature.

So technically it might be possible to do. Only limiting factor could be how much Apple allows coders access to wifi and 3G features. Dunno much about iPhones tho, I do not have one.